Saturday 1 March 2008

Lame horses


Despite all the signs of spring- the ground hog not seeing his shadow, seeds arriving, the clocks about to go forward- winter lingers. Today was a nasty, bone-chilling day. My DVD on training your horse to do tricks has arrived and I am eager to get out there start working with Touché and teaching him to bow. I have visions of Touché and me at the Oxford Exhibition, receiving our ribbon for ... well.....for.... I'm sure we will win something... and taking a bow.

Of course the weather is not the only thing stopping me from working with my horse. Silly young fellow managed to injure himself somehow when we left him out in the pasture alone. We had put Miz and DT in the barn to get DT used to being in a standing stall. Touché decided he wanted to be with them and started running about frantically and did something to his foot. He is now limping around feeling very sorry for himself. I am assuming it is just a stone bruise and am trying not to worry about it too much.

On a brighter note, now that the seeds have arrived, it is time to start thinking about planting. It won't be long before the snow melts and we can start that whole cycle of planting and weeding and weeding some more. Remind me of why we do this?

We have also found a source of piglets for the upcoming spring. We have reserved 4 little Tamworth piglets which will be ready in a few weeks. Unfortunately, we have sold more than that so will need to find a couple more babies from somewhere else to fill our quota. We may have to resort to getting some of those pink pigs.


No comments: